of Manhatten's elite.
為您獨家報導曼哈頓上流社會的八卦醜聞
source 來源;出處
scandalous 講述醜聞的
lives 生活 (life 的複數型)
Manhatten 曼哈頓, 紐約市最著名也最繁榮的行政區
2. Think I've got a shot at a second date?
覺得我有第二次約會的機會嗎?
have a shot at 有機會做 ... 事 ; 設法/嘗試做 ... 事
3. brunch
早午餐
很多美國人週末比較晚起, 因此許多餐廳有賣早午餐
有些人吃早午餐來代替午餐
4. sleepyhead
貪睡者;懶鬼
5. The alarm is set for nine.
鬧鐘設九點鐘
6. Don't mock the scarf. It's my signature.
不要嘲笑我的圍巾 這是我的識別標誌
mock 嘲笑
scarf 圍巾
signature (人或物的)識別標誌 ; 特徵
7. I mean it.
我是認真的
8. I'm just heading out.
我正要出門
head (v.) (向特定方向)出發
9. I don't know what to say.
我不知道該說什麼
10. How can I fix this?
我要怎麼補救? (這裡是指怎麼修補友誼關係)
11. That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard.
這是我聽過最爛的理由
lame 藉口、解釋等無說服力的 (此處的 lamest 是最高級)
excuse 藉口
12. Are you seeing someone?
你有在跟別人約會嗎?
這裡指的是正式成為男女朋友前的約會
13. I'm gonna take that as a compliment.
我會把它當成是讚美
compliment 讚美
這裡是指把對方說的話當成是讚美自己
14. I'm sure you'll find someway to repay me.
我確信你會找到報答我的方法
15. You got to be kidding.
你是在開玩笑吧
16. How's it going?
你好嗎?
這句話同 How are you? How are things?
17. I'll be right back.
我馬上回來
18. Do not defend her.
不要為她辯解
defend 辯解
19. I really don't appreciate you lurking in the shadows
eavesdropping on my private conversation.
我真的不欣賞你埋伏在暗處偷聽我私人的談話
lurk 埋伏 ; 潛伏
shadow 昏暗處
eavesdrop 竊聽
20. What's happened is in the past.
過去發生的事已經過去了
留言列表